Mr. Skierski concentrates on bankruptcy, mediation, commercial litigation and arbitration. He represents and has represented debtors, national banks, insurance companies, Chapter 7 and 11 Trustees, creditors’ committees and both secured and unsecured creditors, lessors, lessees and asset purchasers with respect to a variety of bankruptcy issues, including litigation involving former officers and directors (both prosecuting and defending).
Mr. Skierski has been an active mediator for eleven years, mediating cases including contract and business disputes, family disputes, personal injury, juvenile-offender mediation and other disputes and is a trained arbitrator. He is also heavily involved in community and professional activities.
- New York
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States District and Bankruptcy Courts for the Eastern, Northern, Western and Southern Districts of Texas
- United States District and Bankruptcy Courts for the Eastern and Southern Districts of New York
- Skierski Jain PLLC, Founder/Managing Member
- Skierski Law PLLC, Founder/Managing Member
- Franklin Skierski Lovall Hayward LLP, Founding Partner
- Locke Lord Bissell & Liddell LLP, Partner
M.A., Ed.S., Professional Counseling, Seton Hall University, 2018 (anticipated) Psi Chi International Honor Society Kappa Delta Pi International Honor Society
B.A., Psychology, Saint Leo University, 2015 – Summa Cum Laude Delta Epsilon Sigma National Honor Society
J.D., Southern Methodist University School of Law, 1998 Phi Delta Phi Legal Fraternity Order of Barristers 1998 A.J. Thomas Award
B.A., Political Science, The University of Texas at Austin, 1990
- Represented Chapter 11 debtor Millennium Multiple Employer Welfare Benefit Plan
- Represented Chapter 11 Trustee / Liquidation Trustee for FirstPlus Financial Group
- Represented certain debtors in the Opus West Corporation, et al., Chapter 11 proceeding, Northern District of Texas.
- Represented creditor’s committee in bankruptcy of e-commerce business and represented subsequent post-confirmation Trustee in prosecution of litigation and liquidation of the debtor’s assets.
- Represented debtors and creditors in major construction cases.
- Represented Chapter 7 Trustees in asset sales, preference and fraudulent transfer litigation and litigation against former officers and directors and others.
- Represented an S.E.C.-appointed receiver in prosecuting litigation and discovering, obtaining possession of and liquidating numerous assets to pay dividends to creditors and investors.
- Represented creditors’ committees in bankruptcies of radio stations and technology companies.
- Represented major insurance company prosecuting its shopping center landlord lease rights in the Montgomery Ward Chapter 11 proceeding, District of Delaware.
- Represented debtors in Chapter 7 liquidation of companies created to film, produce and market a theatrical documentary film.
- Represented Canadian asset purchasers in the entertainment industry.
Professional Awards & Affiliations
- AV Preeminent Rating from Martindale-Hubbell
- TMCA Credentialed Distinguished Mediator
- Master, John C. Ford Bankruptcy Inn of Court, Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas Chapter
- Chairman, Board of Directors, DCHAS
- Past President, Board of Directors, Dispute Mediation Service
- Past President, Texas Association of Mediators
- Past President, Board of Directors, Legal Hospice of Texas
- Member, American Bankruptcy Institute
- Member, Association of Attorney Mediators
- Member, Dallas Bar Association, Bankruptcy & Commercial Law Section and Alternate Dispute Resolution Section
- Member, St. Thomas More Society
- Member, Knights of Columbus
Contact Doug Skierski
Office: (214) 446-0332 Mobile: (214) 629-0435 Facsimile: (214) 446-0322