Focusing on commercial litigation and subrogation matters, Ms. Jain has experience representing insurance companies, business enterprises large and small and financial institutions. Her practice ranges across the nation in both state and federal court and includes cross-border disputes.
In prior years, Ms. Jain's practice centered upon the representation of clients in bankruptcy and restructuring matters both in and out of court. Ms. Jain's clients include Fortune 500 companies, nationwide banking institutions, and trusts, creditors' committees, trustees, debtors-in-possession and business creditors. Even in bankruptcy and restructuring cases, Ms. Jain's practice involved substantial and varied commercial litigation, including the prosecution of directors and officers' liability claims, contractual disputes, fraudulent conveyances, and preference actions.
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States District and Bankruptcy Courts for the Eastern, Northern, Western and Southern Districts of Texas
- United States District and Bankruptcy Courts for the Northern and Middle Districts of Alabama
- Skierski Jain PLLC, Founder/Managing Member
- Law Offices of Kristin H. Jain, PLLC, Founder/Managing Member
- Gordon Rees LLP, Of Counsel
- Baker McKenzie, Associate
- Andrews & Kurth LLP, Associate
- Law Offices of Marion F. Walker & Associates, L.L.P., Associate
J.D., Tulane University School of Law, 1997, Cum Laude
B.S., Northwestern University, 1994
- Represented insurance companies and their subrogation agents in litigation to recover from at-fault parties.
- Represented creditors' committees, liquidating trustee, debtors-in-possession, secured creditors, and unsecured creditors in various Chapter 11 cases across the nation and across borders. The cases ranged in size up to $1 billion in assets. Industries included transportation, manufacturing, airlines, energy, grocery supply, telecommunications, and healthcare.
- Represented purchasers, including stalking horse bidders, in asset and going concern sales in various industries, including manufacturing and airlines. Asset values ranged from tens of thousands of dollars to over $1 billion.
- Represented Chapter 7 trustee in the liquidation of a nationwide transportation and logistics company.
- Member, Texas Bar Association, Bankruptcy, Litigation and Women in Law Sections.
- Member, Alabama Bar Association
- Member, Dallas Bar Association, Bankruptcy & Commercial Law Section
Contact Kristin H. Jain
Office: (214) 446-0331 Facsimile: (214) 446-0321